How To Use Find-A-Course
- Go to https://myrc.redcross.ca
- User is directed to the My Red Cross home page. This page has the heading Canadian Red Cross Training and Certification with three sections underneath. This is our Find-A-Course search engine.
- User will need to select a program from the first drop-down menu under section one. Programs are separated into nine categories:
- Instructor courses – this selection includes courses for individuals who want to become a First Aid Instructor with the Canadian Red Cross First Aid Program.
- Conferences – this selection directs the user to registration for our annual Prevention & Safety conferences.
- Babysitter and Children Safety – this selection includes courses offered for youth such as Babysitting and Stay Safe!
- First Aid & CPR – this selection includes first aid courses at every level.
- Swimming & Water Safety – this selection includes swimming and water safety courses.
- Psychological First Aid – this selection includes Psychological First Aid courses.
- Lifeguarding – this selection includes lifeguarding courses.
- Respect Education – this selection includes courses with a focus on relationships, bullying, and respect.
- Occupational Health & Safety – this selection includes courses on safety in the workplace and health information.
4. User will then select a category from the second drop-down menu under section one. Categories change with each program selection.
5. If the user is looking for a course taught in a specific language, select the box labelled All Languages and select either French or English from the drop-down menu. If left unselected, courses in both languages will show depending on availability in the area.
6. Under section two, the user will select a date. To select the date, click the box and a calendar will appear. Select a date on the calendar as a starting point. User will also need to pick an end date.
7. User selects a delivery method using the box defaulted to All Delivery Methods. Options include: All Delivery Methods, Online, or In class/Blended (In Class and Online). The majority of Canadian Red Cross courses include a classroom component and selecting Online as an option will limit the results. If left as All Delivery Methods, courses offered online, in class, and in blended formats will show depending on availability in the area.
8. Under the third section, the user will enter a location using an address, postal code, or city. User can also select the distance perimeters.
9. Once information has been completed in all three sections, the user clicks the red SEARCH button.
10. Courses will be listed by the earliest date. Each course will only have one date listed under date and time but the course may occur over multiple days depending on the type of course.
11. User can filter results by Earliest Date or Closest Location using the field called Sort By.
12. Once a course is selected, the user can use the listed contact information to register. Depending on the Training Partner (found under the column called Provided by), clicking the red TAKE THIS COURSE button beside the selected course redirects the user to the Training Partner's website where online registration may be available.
What if no courses come up via the search?
- The courses that show on Find-A-Course are determined by the information inputted by Training Partners. If the search provides no results, it may not be listed by the Training Partner at the time of the user’s search. We recommend that you contact our Customer Experience Team at 1-877-356-3226 for assistance.