My Red Cross may appear to stall when you attempt to perform a function (e.g., pass a participant or make a payment). This may be a browser cache issue. A browser cache is storage space in your computer that keeps some of the data used on the websites you frequently visit. This typically allows frequently visited websites to load more quickly but in some cases can cause issues.
Working in Incognito mode (Google Chrome) or InPrivate view (MS Edge) prevents caching website data and can eliminate errors due to cached data.
If you experience issues where My Red Cross seems to stall or lag please attempt the following:
- Refresh the page you are working on
- Clear your browser’s cached data
- Try switching to Incognito mode or InPrivate view
Incognito mode (or InPrivate view)
- Incognito (Google Chrome): click the Tools menu (three vertical dots in the upper right corner), then choose New Incognito window.
- InPrivate (Microsoft Edge): click the Tools menu (three horizontal dots in the upper right corner), then choose New InPrivate window.
Clearing cached data by browser type:
- Click on Tools (three dots in the upper-right corner).
- Select History.
- Select Clear browsing data from the left-hand side.
- Set the Time range to All time. Check Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, then click on Clear data.
- Click on Tools (three dots the upper-right corner).
- Select Settings.
- Select Privacy, search, and services from the left-hand side.
- Under the section Clear browsing data, click Choose what to clear.
- Select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, then click on Clear now.
Safari for macOS
- Click on Safari on the top menu bar.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Privacy.
- Click on Manage Website Data..., click on Remove All, then click on Remove Now.
- Close or quit the browser and reopen for changes to take effect.
Please sign in to leave a comment.